- What information does MortgageBite collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
- How do we use the information we collect about you?
- How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other Sites and what choices do you have?
- Does MortgageBite share your information with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how MortgageBite uses your information?
- How does MortgageBite secure your information on its Sites?
- How can I contact MortgageBite?
1. What information does MortgageBite collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information;
- we observe or collect information through technology; and
- we collect information on our Social Media Pages.
See the sections below for more information.
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
- telephone number
- username and password
- personal preferences
- demographic information
- website usage and search information
We may allow you to use your personal social media account on social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”) to provide information to us when you participate in features on our Sites, but we will ask your permission prior to doing so. This information could include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
- your name
- profile picture
- user ID
- list of friend
- work history
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later.
You may choose not to provide certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
a. Navigational Information. Navigational information is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites, such as the following:
- browser type and version
- the service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites and the IP address from which you arrived
- web pages viewed on our Sites
- for our mobile websites, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear
b. Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third party service providers use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and the time of your visit
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites (as described more below in “3. How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other websites and what choices do you have?”).
Information Collected On MortgageBite’s Social Media Pages
2. How do we use the information we collect about you?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you, and helps us continually improve your experience on our Sites.
We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts and information collected on our Social Media Pages for things like:
- opening an online account
- improving and developing our services
- advertising and marketing
- personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites
- responding to your inquiries
- market research and surveys
- conducting promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- fraud prevention
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
- which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
- what products are browsed
- how to improve and better transact business
- the effectiveness of our Sites
- difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Sites
- monitoring the number of visitors to our Sites
- average time spent on our Sites
- any programming errors or failures on any of our Sites
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same things listed for navigational information above. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like:
- personalizing your experience on our Sites
- to serve tailored ads on other sites, as described below
- tailoring email marketing to you based on your preferences on our Sites
- determining return visitors
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising
Similar to the navigational information described above, the social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to us about visitors to our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of, and interaction with content on, our Social Media Pages.
3. How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other websites and what choices do you have?
We contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on our Sites and other websites. These third party advertising companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with these other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience with us.
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click the following: NAI Opt Out click here and DAA Opt Out click here. You will then leave our Sites for other online sites where you may specify your preferences under those programs. You can also click the preference icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. You should also note that our systems may not recognize “Do Not Track” headers from some or all browsers.
4. Does MortgageBite Share Your Information With Third Parties?
We may share, sell or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties. We also share your personal information with the following:
- our affiliates so that they can provide information to you about their services and products
- third party service providers in order to perform the following tasks:
- hosting our Sites
- providing and improving our communications with you
- providing fraud protection
- as required to cooperate with a court order or other legal process, or as required by law
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others
If MortgageBite were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
Nothing in this policy restricts our ability to share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
5. What choices do you have over how MortgageBite uses your information?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
- Email: You may opt out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as customer service communications.
- California Opt-Out Rights: Under California law, if you are a resident of California and have previously communicated with us or purchased something from us, you may make a written request to MortgageBite about how we have shared your personal information during the prior calendar year with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, MortgageBite is allowed to provide you with a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing rather than providing the information about these third parties. We are providing the opportunity to opt out, which you can do by completing this and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How does MortgageBite secure your information on its Websites?
We designed our Sites to use communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your information while it is being transmitted to us. Browsers that do not allow use of SSL may be prevented from navigating sections of our Sites. We also use firewalls and other technical, administrative and physical measures to protect the information that you provide to us.
While we implement the above security measures on our Websites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
8. How can I contact MortgageBite?
- Click here: and enter your question
- Or send an email to email@example.com
- MortgageBite.com, LLC 602 Main Street, Suite 702 Cincinnati, OH 45202